Any information provided to or collected by Stranger’s Guide is property of Stranger’s Guide, and all such information may be used by Stranger’s Guide to better serve you. Stranger’s Guide may also use this information to contact you about news, donation solicitations, events, and other opportunities.
Stranger’s Guide may use your contact information to get in touch with you regarding the status of your registration or any contributions or orders you may place. You may also be contacted by Stranger’s Guide regarding contribution receipts, additional solicitations, special subscription offers, or feedback about your experience with Stranger’s Guide.
The personally identifiable information that you provide to Stranger’s Guide and information about your order may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from Stranger’s Guide records and other sources. This information will be used to make future marketing efforts more efficient. This information may also be shared with third party service providers that assist Stranger’s Guide with its marketing efforts and with other marketers whose products or services may be of interest to you.
Stranger’s Guide may provide you with an opportunity to upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available for the Service (“Post”), comments, feedback, or other materials (collectively, “Feedback”). In the event you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information in such Feedback, that information, along with any other content you Post, can be collected, correlated, and used by third parties. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of Stranger’s Guide. Stranger’s Guide does not assume any duty to monitor or review any Feedback.
Where technically feasible, the domain names of users are automatically recognized by our server. Stranger’s Guide may use this information to track the number of users and to see which products and services are utilized most often.
The Service is directed to a general adult audience. Stranger’s Guide does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age, and, if Stranger’s Guide obtains actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years of age, it will take steps to remove that user’s personal information from its systems.
Please note that the Service is subject to the Stranger’s Guide Terms of Service.
2. Sharing Your Information. Stranger’s Guide may publicly acknowledge donors by name and description of donation unless the donor requests in writing that the he or she does not wish to be publicly acknowledged.
Your email address will only be used by Stranger’s Guide and will not be shared with any third parties. Stranger’s Guide collects email addresses so that it can send news alerts, donation solicitations, event invitations, and other opportunities that you may find interesting.
Stranger’s Guide recognizes that you may be interested in organizations other than Stranger’s Guide. Therefore, from time to time, Stranger’s Guide may make postal addresses available to other reputable organizations whose products or services you might find interesting. Although Stranger’s Guide endeavors to select only reputable organizations who share a commitment to customer privacy, Stranger’s Guide is in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
3. Agents. Stranger’s Guide may, from time to time, employ other companies and individuals to perform functions, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail, sending email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service, on its behalf. You agree that Stranger’s Guide may provide these companies and individuals with limited access to your personal information as needed to perform such functions.
4. Use of Tracking Technologies. The use of tracking technologies enables Stranger’s Guide to enhance the Service and are used to track unique usage of the Service. Information collected through the use of tracking technologies may be aggregated into general reports, and individual usage information may be collected and saved for the usage of the customer support team to help resolve any problems you may have.
5. Service Usage Data. Each time the Service is used, some basic technical information, including, for example, the user’s domain name, referral data, and browser and platform type may be collected. Stranger’s Guide may also count, track, and aggregate user activity into an analysis of general Service usage. To these ends, Stranger’s Guide may merge information about users and uses into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregate basis with Stranger’s Guide supporters; but we will not disclose your individual identity or any personally identifiable data without your permission.
6. Surveys. Stranger’s Guide may, from time to time, conduct voluntary surveys of users to obtain aggregate demographic information. Such information may be compiled and shared in aggregate with third parties, but no personal details will be traceable or associated with specific individuals.
7. Security Measures. Stranger’s Guide has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information under its control. Though Stranger’s Guide works hard to protect the security of your information, such security cannot be ensured. Consequently, Stranger’s Guide does not ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk. However, there are some simple measures that you can take to promote the protection of your information. First, to help protect the security of your account, do not share your password with others. Also, remember to “log off” after using the Service.